Frequently Asked Questions
What is compounding?
- In the history of the profession of pharmacy, pharmacists would compound medications per a doctor’s order – we’re here to keep this tradition and standard of care alive
- We work with prescribers to creatively solve challenging medical problems with specialized drug products
- Every patient is unique – Customized dosage, dosage form, ingredients, and dosage schedule to each patient
- Some patients have extensive allergies to ingredients used in mass manufacturing practices
- Dye-free, filler-free options
- Unique pharmacy service – our pharmacists specialize in formulating medicine
- Medications that are not manufactured
- Chemicals and equipment that are not available in most pharmacies
Do I need a prescription?
- Yes, all compounded medications we make in our lab require a prescription from a doctor’s office
Will my insurance cover it?
- Some insurance policies do cover compounding prescriptions. Please check with your provider.
Is it safe?
- Highly-trained professional staff
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Quality and safety testing
- High-quality ingredients for the best efficacy
- We follow the strictest guidelines for purity and safety